Monday, October 4, 2010

Isle of Skye Red Cuillin

This beer tour may seem to be pretty exotic both with where the beers are from and where I consumed them but it is really just random that it has begun this way.

I write briefly about whatever inspires me and since last week I wrote about Cascade Brewery in Tasmania, I thought about how that was the most southerly produced beer I have had. This made me think about the most northerly beer, which is actually probably produced by Alaska Brewing (those will be in future posts) but the most northern place I have been is the Isle of Skye in Scotland and while I was there I had a few brews from the Isle of Skye Brewery. In particular, their flagship Red Cuillin, named after the nearby Cuillin hills/mountains. Here is their description of the Red Cuillin:
Red Cuillin (4.2% ABV)The Skye Brewery`s much-prasied flagship ale. Reddish-hued, slightly malty and nutty in character, smooth to the taste. A multi-award-winning ale, named after the well-known hills of the Isle of Skye.

No comments:

Post a Comment