Saturday, February 19, 2011

Zambezi Lite

Zambezi Lite is a beer that is brewed in Zimbabwe by Delta Corporation. I first tried this beer the night I spent on my own in Swakopmund, Namibia. I had given some money to friends when I left Zimbabwe to get some beer from there for me since I only spent one night in Zim before leaving my group again. They brought me several beers but with the stock I had at the moment it took me a few days before I worked through the cooler.

On this day I had left the Cheetah farm and gone into the town of Khorixas with Benny in the car with me. Once in the town after picking up a few supplies, I left Benny with the group and their truck. I then went off on my own with my little VW toward the Petrified Forest and the Skeleton Coast National Park. During my transit of the NP I ended up with a flat tire and was over 100 miles from the nearest "settlement" and further from the nearest service station. I ate my lunch leisurely in that barren expanse on the side of the road and the entire time I was there one car passed and no cars passed the entire time in the opposite direction through the entire 5 hour drive through the park and down the coast. I was quite worried after I had the flat tire as I had no spare and I still had to go through the heavily monitored diamond mining sector with multiple signs warning against stopping for any reason (plus the 150 miles of unpaved roads before I got to the regular road to where I could get my tire fixed). Once I got to Swakopmund I drove around and looked for where our truck would be and couldn't find it so I went on do Walvis Bay and looked around and then back to Swakopmund. In the end I found a hotel/campground and I pulled in pretty late so someone finally came out and told me it was ok and I went and setup my tent and finally after such an interesting and full day I was able to drink a Zambezi Lite!

Here is a review from The Opinionated Beer Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment