Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Portland Beer Again

Last October, I first visited Portland and what is referred to as Beervana and I shared my experiences visiting several breweries at that time.  While visiting Portland, primarily to see my friend, who was visiting since she had artwork accepted in the Bullseye Emerge 2012 competition, I was also able to visit a few more breweries.  I began the trip by visiting Clackamas because a movie theater was there that showed what we were wanting to see.  Prior to the movie I ate at the Ram Brewery, where I had a Buttface Amber Ale and their spring seasonal.  
Though the Ram Brewery isn't specific to Portland, I still wanted to share as that was the beginning of my time there.  Later that Thursday night I visited Ringlers Pub, which is part of the McMenamis's stable of brewing outlets.  There, I had a sampler of their beers and a special version of their Ruby Ale that was on tap that night.
On Friday, I was able to visit the Laurelwood Public House and Brewery.  I tried their sampler, which consisted of their regular beers and I was able to select one of their seasonal brews as part of the sampler.  Later that evening, I visited Henry's Tavern in part of the old Henry Weinhard brewery in the Brewery Blocks portion of the Pearl District.

On Saturday I went to the Bridgeport Brewing, which is part of the Gambrinus Company and had lunch and their beer sampler, which consisted of 8 samples.  Later that evening following the award ceremony at Emerge 2012, we went to the Rogue Distillery and Public House, where the biggest decision of the weekend  had to be made.  I had to choose 4 beers to try in their sampler from their tap list of about 30 beers.  Upon finishing the sampler, my friend and I shared a Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Maple Bacon Ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment